POST 5: TW SHOWS AND SERIES

I love TV shows and I watch a lot of them and nowadays i feel a pleasure to lay down on the sofa and watch a good old TV show. In this post i will talk about one of my favorites series of all time, which is "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (1970-1977), an american sitcom created by James L. Brooks and Allan Burns and starring actress namesake Mary Tyler Moore,  who starred as Mary Richards, an unmarried, independent woman focused on her career as associate producer at the fictional WJM news program in Minneapolis.  



After an engagement didn’t work out, she left her small hometown for the big city, where she became an intelligent, independent young woman in her 30's, who enjoyed her life and carrer, and wasn't desperate on being married. She finds work as an associate producer in a small television newsroom, a traditionally male field, where she is the only woman in the team.



The show is great because meanwhile all the characters and situations are funny, it can still deliver a strong message. Truly one of the best shows on television. I love how it tackled controversial political topics in a humorous and light way, such as equal pay for women, discrimination, pre-marital sex, anticonception, abortion, homosexuality, divorce, infidelity, among others. 

In the other hand, one of the shows i've always been curious about is "The Sopranos" (1999-2007), i've heard so many good comments about this one, that i'm so excited to check it out, in fact, they said it's the best drama serie ever made, and it paved the way for "Breaking Bad", "The Wire" and the other similar series. 



Comentarios

  1. Your favorite tv show seems amazing! I think i'll have to watch it someday.
    Oh, I heard the same opinions as you about The Sopranos!

    ResponderBorrar

  2. Hello Fabian!
    I was very surprised by what you mentioned about "The Mary Tyler Moore Show", especially the topics that were touched like abortion or discrimination, very controversial subjects for the time.
    I think I'll have to add it to my watch list, it sounds really cool.
    Greetings :D

    ResponderBorrar
  3. hello fabian, what a nice series you tell us, the truth is that I find it very interesting, it is incredible how in those years a tv series dared to talk about such controversial topics for that time, personally I like very much the old tv series.
    On the other hand it is also in my list of series "the sopranos" and I hope to see it soon, it sounds very interesting. Greetings

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hello fabian, it's surprising your example and i think it's great! i mean, sometimes the old series have something to give us, even a message that could be useful to our days, somethimes i watch old stuff too.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Definitely both must be a great series and I loved your description hahaha...
    Her hairstyle is similar to the one Ariana Grande used in the video clip 34 + 35!!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

POST 2 >> THE BEST HOLIDAYS

Post 3: My favorite movie